WISDOM TEETH PAIN
Some people will get wisdom teeth through with no problems at all, but for some there will be issues from the minute they start to appear. They can be painful coming through, and on some occasions may not come through properly and this will require a visit to the dentist.
WHAT ARE THE DETAILS ASSOCIATED WITH A WISDOM TOOTH EXTRACTION?
Whether a wisdom tooth is erupted, impacted, or partially erupted they can cause different kinds of infections, pain, and problems. The best way to evaluate these wisdom teeth is by visiting your dentist, and having an x-rays to see if there are active bone and gum infections around the tooth. Mainly due to the fact that wisdom teeth are the hardest teeth to keep clean in the mouth they are the main teeth to get decay and food debris stuck in and around them. Once this takes place, further gum infection, abscesses, and further diseases that can spread to the rest of the mouth, and in rare cases, to the rest of the body. The best way to undertake is to have a consultation, in order to not think of all the potential issues that can come with leaving decayed or infected wisdom tooth.
Impacted wisdom teeth don’t always cause symptoms. However, when an impacted wisdom tooth becomes infected, damages other teeth or causes other dental problems, you may experience some of these signs or symptoms:
- Red or swollen gums
- Tender or bleeding gums
- Jaw pain
- Swelling around the jaw
- Bad breath
- An unpleasant taste in your mouth
- Difficulty opening your mouth
Impacted wisdom teeth can cause several problems in the mouth:
- Damage to other teeth.If the wisdom tooth pushes against the second molar, it may damage the second molar or increase the risk of infection in that area.
- Cysts. The wisdom tooth develops in a sac within the jawbone. The sac can fill with fluid, forming a cyst that can damage the jawbone, teeth and nerves. Rarely, a tumor — usually noncancerous (benign) — develops. This complication may require removal of tissue and bone.
- Decay. Partially impacted wisdom teeth appear to be at higher risk of tooth decay (caries) than other teeth. This probably occurs because wisdom teeth are harder to clean and because food and bacteria get easily trapped between the gum and a partially erupted tooth.
- Gum disease. The difficulty cleaning impacted, partially erupted wisdom teeth increases the risk of developing a painful, inflammatory gum condition called pericoronitis (per-ih-kor-o-NI-tis) in that area.
IS THERE A LOT OF PAIN WITH WISDOM TEETH EXTRACTIONS?
Dr.Miski is aware of the level of pain this procedure will bring and will prescribe medication that should be strong enough to help you cope depending on how the treatment went. Alcohol should be avoided as this will only make things worse.
On the other hand, for patients who have high levels of anxiety there is good news. Different forms of sedation have become available today. Depending on the level and severity of anxiety, Dr. Miski will prescribe the necessary sedation needed, which can be ranged from anxiolysis (light) and conscious sedation, in order to make the procedure smooth and comfortable.
Moreover, Dr. Miski does Piezoelectric surgery for delicate cases of wisdom teeth removal which is a minimally invasive technique that lessens the risk of damage to surrounding soft tissues and important structures such as nerves, vessels, and mucosa. It also reduces damage to bone tissue and permits good survival of bony cells during surgery. He is one of the few dental surgeons in Dubai who is using this ultrasonic technology as it is very advanced technique and the least invasive.
How Much Does Wisdom Tooth Removal Cost?
Finally, price of wisdom tooth removal varies widely as tooth could be fully exposed and its removal is not that complicated and less costly. On the other hand, wisdom tooth might be partially exposed or fully impacted, and then it needs surgical removal and consequently, the cost will be higher.